Sunday 16 February 2014

Back (sorry)

I've had 96 page views in the last month- 96!

Hello! That was quite a surprise.

Because I have been a bit lazy with tags etc here is a synopsis:

I paid for a week long intensive driving course with Nippers school of motoring. I was reassured that they were competent in dealing with a nervous driver. I paid a lot of money to a charlatan called Steve Eggleton who was the most incompetent and unpleasant individual I have had the misfortune to come across. He was grossly unprepared, was aggressive to other drivers, had no resources and limited skills. Both he and the car were always dirty. His idea of instructing was to drive loops around. Colchester, talking constantly, offering very limited feedback and just taking my money.

I failed the test three times over six weeks with his poor management, failing each time on a very simple things he had failed to teach me.

I tried a different instructor and passed with her.

I complained about him to the driving school and got a very amateurish response that said basically it was all my fault and they would do nothing.

I complained about him to the DSA and got told that he had made up a pack of lies in response to my complaint and they believed him.

So I set up this blog and made sure that I shared my experiences whenever I could. So far I have dissuaded twelve people (that I definitely know of) away from Nippers. Now I have new contacts at the university I will make sure that lots ,more people know how shit my experience was.

You can read all of this in more detail on previous posts.

In the six months since I have passed I have had lots of fun and some scary moments learning to drive. I still don't understand why some useless fuckers don't use their indicators, am baffled by people who don't put their headlights on in poor weather and am seriously pissed off with aggressive drivers who use their cars to intimidate.

I have had no crashes, no near misses, no scratches to the car. I have driven in London in rush hour, have dealt with all sorts of surprises and bad weather and I still love the freedom of being able to drive.

I'm not angry about Steve and Nippers any more but I really think people need to know about crap instructors and schools, about their rights and responsibilities when it comes to learning to drive. These people are out there and they get away with it because people don't complain, they go on taking money for a terrible service.

Just complain and get theses useless instructors off the road.







2 comments:

  1. Well, you've influenced me! Agree with you re. that driving instructions just push their weight around- they know its your word against theirs and that they will always win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joe. I wasn't aware just how few rights learner drivers have until I was ripped off. Just trying to make people aware so it doesn't happen to them

    ReplyDelete